There are many proven benefits to growing and cooking your own food on our, physical, mental, and social health.
8 Benefits of growing your own food at home or in communal gardens:
- Increases your overall levels of physical activity and fitness
- Increases healthy fruit and vegetable consumption
- Improves attitudes to healthy eating.
- It can help people cope with challenging circumstances
- Create opportunities for social interactions and community bonding
- It can reduce the occurrence of stress.
- It can improve alertness, cognitive abilities and social skills.
8 Benefits of cooking meals from scratch:
- It can increase the amount of fruit and vegetables which will support your immune system and reduce the risk of illnesses
- It can give you more energy
- It can make mealtimes a social experience with family and friends
- It can sharpen your mind
- It can be empowering and improve your mood and self-esteem
- It can be a stress reliever
- Gives you a break from screen time
- You are less likely to include as much sugar and salt as premade food and eat out food
Find out more about Eating Healthily here.