The check is for people who are aged 40 to 74 who do not have any of the following pre-existing conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial Fibrilation
- Transient Ischaemic Attack
- Inherited High Cholesterol (Familial hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Atrial Disease
- Currently being prescribed statins to lower cholesterol
- Previous checks have found that you have a 20% higher risk of getting cardiovascular disease over the next 10 years.
You should have regular check-ups if you have any of these conditions. Your GP Practice will be able to give you more information about this.
Where can I find my local health check?
You can receive a NHS Health Check at your GP practice. You can also register with Be Healthy Bucks to book an NHS Health Check in the community.