Search results showing for '' in the Information and advice section

If you are looking for work

The RNIB website has a useful section about looking for work:

Action for Blind People also have a lot of useful information on their website:

Their website also includes advice if you are visually impaired and thinking about becoming self-employed:

The Royal Association for Deaf People offers employment advice and support:

Useful contacts for advice on employment:
Disability Employment Advisor
Sunley House,
Oxford Road,
Bucks, HP19 8EZ
Tel: 0845 604 3719

Disability Employment Advisor
Aria House,
80 Oxford Road,
High Wycombe,
Bucks, HP11 2DN
Tel: 0845 604 3719

If you are currently employed

If you are employed and have been diagnosed with a visual impairment, you should contact the Access to Work scheme. Access to Work is a government scheme from Jobcentre Plus that provides advice and support on adjustments and equipment that may help you continue with your job.

They also offer a grant towards the costs of any equipment or training that you may need. For example this could be voice recognition software, a Braille keyboard, display unit printer.

The amount the scheme will contribute varies depending on the size of the company you work for, but it could be as much as 80-100% of the costs.

Visit the website to learn more:

Last reviewed: 24/06/2022

Useful links:

Bucks Integrated Sensory Service - How can I find out more?