Buckinghamshire Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018-21
The Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a comprehensive assessment of the current and future pharmaceutical needs of the local population and considers whether there are any gaps to service delivery in Buckinghamshire.
Health and Wellbeing Boards have a legal duty to produce, consult and publish a PNA for their area every three years. In order to inform the PNA, Buckinghamshire Health and Wellbeing Board established a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment Steering Group. A 60 day statutory consultation was under taken and responses were used to inform the final conclusions published. The Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (2018-2021) was approved at the Buckinghamshire Health and Wellbeing Board on 29 March 2018 and is available for download below.
The PNA concluded that Community pharmacies in Buckinghamshire are well distributed, are accessible and offer a convenient service to patients and members of the public. They are available on weekdays and at the weekend (often until late at night) without the need for an appointment. While there is no requirement for any new pharmacy premises to provide essential services, there are opportunities available to maximise existing and future advanced and locally commissioned services.
The results of the Healthwatch Bucks’ survey indicate that awareness of the various pharmaceutical services that are on offer varies widely. By advertising and utilising the skills of community pharmacists, significant health improvements can be made to help reduce health inequalities.
If there are any changes to pharmaceutical services before the next refresh, supplementary documents may be attached, which then become part of the PNA. Please email HWB@buckscc.gov.uk if you have any queries about the PNA.
Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018 Report
- 2018 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment Executive Summary
- 2018 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment Full Report
- Map 1 - Buckinghamshire premises providing pharmaceutical services
- Map 2 - Buckinghamshire 1.6 km (1 mile) buffers around pharmacies
- Map 2a - Buckinghamshire 5 mile buffers around pharmacies
- Map 3 - Buckinghamshire pharmacy opening hours
- Map 3a - North Locality opening hours
- Map 3b - South Locality opening hours
- Map 3c - Central Locality opening hours
- Map 3d - Amersham and Chesham Locality opening hours
- Map 3e - Wycombe Locality opening hours
- Map 3f - Wooburn Green Locality opening hours
- Map 3g - Southern Locality opening hours
- Map 4 - Buckinghamshire population density per sq km
- Map 5 - Buckinghamshire population aged 65+ (number of persons)
- Map 5a - Buckinghamshire population aged 65+ (density)
- Map 5b - Buckinghamshire population aged 65+ (percentage)
- Map 6 - Buckinghamshire IMD 2015
- Map 7 - Buckinghamshire BME
- Map 8 - Buckinghamshire average driving times to pharmacies
- Map 9 - Buckinghamshire average walking times to pharmacies
- Map 9a - Buckinghamshire slow walking times to pharmacies
- Map 10 - Buckinghamshire MUR with population density
- Map 10a - Buckinghamshire NMS with population density
- Map 10b - Buckinghamshire AUR and SAC with population density
Last reviewed: 14/09/2022