“If physical activity were a drug, we’d talk about it as a miracle cure.” Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer for England, 2017.
Being active has been hailed as the ‘miracle medicine’ by many doctors, patients and residents. This is due to its ability to let us have fun whilst;
- improving our life expectancy
- reducing our risk of becoming ill and
- its positive effects on our mental wellbeing
Being active doesn’t just mean going to the gym –it means moving more whether that’s;
- increasing your steps
- taking the stairs instead of the lift or
- sitting less during the day
It can fit around our daily lives, can be undertaken on our own or with friends & family, and it’s never too late to start!
There are so many health benefits as seen in the diagram below...