Family and Carer Service - One Recovery Bucks
Living with someone with an addiction can be difficult and we recognise that it can cause extreme stress. It’s common to experience a range of emotions such as have feelings of anger, guilt, disappointment, fear and isolation.
We have a range of activities where you can get the right help for you and your family. We can provide face-to-face, telephone and email information advice and support:
- Support groups for carers and family members.
- Information and advice specific to drugs and alcohol addiction, via written publications, drop-in sessions, online support and helpline.
- One-to-one support.
- Safeguarding information, including information on duty of care to protect any individuals affected by someone’s substance use.
- Signposting carers to Buckinghamshire County Council commissioned carers services for a specialist carers assessment where appropriate
- Enable families and carers to form and access community networks.
- Support to family members and carers who wish to train as volunteers inside the service.
There’s nothing to lose, if you’re worried to get in touch, we have so much positive feedback from parents and loved ones who have learned to navigate the difficulties and distress a loved one’s drug use, and consequently, choices and behaviour can bring. They are now out the ‘other side’ of their dark times and this doesn’t always mean their loved one has stopped using, it just means they have learned skills to help them manage the relationship, communication and the problems.
Switch Bucks provides support and information for the families and carers of young people who are struggling with substance misuse.