What can I do to get active?
Active Bucks has been developed to help get more Bucks residents regularly active –particularly targeting those who do little or no activity at all.
By visiting https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/health-wellbeing-and-sports/active-bucks/ can search through a wide range of activities across Bucks. Many of the activities are free or low-cost, and users can filter by distance, day/time and activity type.
Walking is a fantastic way to get out and about, meet new people, improve your health and wellbeing and help the environment.The Simply Walk programme provides over 80 FREE led walks across Bucks of different duration/difficulty. Visit www.buckscc.gov.uk/simplywalk for more information.
Making better choices today can have a big impact on your health. Better Health is here to help you get healthier and feel better with free tips, tools and support.
Whether it's moving more, eating more healthily or checking yourself – Better Health can help you make small, practical changes that fit in with your life.
Try walking for 10 minutes each day or why not try the couch to 5k challenge? Find out ways to move more here https://www.nhs.uk/better-health/get-active.
Live Well Stay Well
Live Well Stay Well offers online and phone support to help you to find the right service for you to help you get more active. The service can also support you to make other healthy lifestyle changes like losing weight and stopping smoking. Visit www.livewellstaywellbucks.co.uk/ or call 01628 857311 to find out more
Access your local leisure centre
Local leisure centres offer a huge array of opportunities to be active. Find your local centre below to find out what’s on offer:
- Aqua Vale Swimming and Fitness Centre - Aylesbury
- Stoke Mandeville Stadium - Aylesbury (now providing an activity buddy scheme)
- Swan Pool and Leisure Centre - Buckingham
- Chalfont Leisure Centre – Chalfont St Peter
- Chesham Leisure Centre - Chesham
- Sprinters Leisure Centre - Prestwood
- The Chiltern Pools and Gym
- Court Garden Leisure Complex - Marlow
- Risborough Springs Swim & Fitness Centre – Princes Risborough
- Wycombe Rye Lido - High Wycombe
- Wycombe Leisure Centre